Restaurants and cafés

Whether you want to play late night jazz, up-tempo funk or the latest pop hits, music has the potential to play an important role in setting the scene in your restaurant or café.

If you’re playing recorded music in your restaurant or cafe, you will usually need a licence from both PPL and PRS for Music. PPL represents record companies and performers, while PRS for Music represents songwriters, composers and music publishers.

Obtaining a PPL licence means you don’t have to contact each record company individually to obtain their permission to play recorded music from PPL’s vast repertoire.