Hairdressers and beauty salons

Whether you want to play soothing music to relax clients in treatments rooms or chart topping hits to help create a vibrant atmosphere in your hair salon, music has the potential to play an important role in creating an environment your customers and staff enjoy being in!

If you’re playing recorded music in your hair or beauty salon, you will usually need a licence from both PPL and PRS for Music. PPL represents record companies and performers, while PRS for Music represents songwriters, composers and music publishers.

Obtaining a PPL licence means you don’t have to contact each record company individually to obtain their permission to play recorded music from PPL’s vast repertoire.

The prices listed below are examples and should act as an indication of how much a licence could cost for hairdressers and beauty salons.  All prices below do not include VAT.