If you’re playing recorded music in your hotel, B&B or guest house you will usually need licences from both PPL and PRS for Music. We at PPL represent record companies and performers, while PRS for Music represents songwriters, composers and music publishers.

PPL’s licences mean you don’t have to contact each record company individually to obtain their permission to play recorded music from PPL’s vast repertoire.

The prices listed below are examples and should act as an indication of how much a licence could cost for hotels, guest houses and B&Bs.  All prices below do not include VAT.

* Research was conducted by VisionCritical in April 2012 among 1,000 UK businesses and Entertainment Media Research in 2009 among 2,000 UK consumers.