With over 10.5 million recordings across various genres, a PPL licence enables you to legally play music from smaller emerging artists through to some of the biggest names in the businesses!

If you’re playing recorded music in your pub, bar or nightclub, you will usually need a licence from both PPL and PRS for Music. PPL represents record companies and performers, while PRS for Music represents songwriters, composers and music publishers.

Obtaining a PPL licence means you don’t have to contact each record company individually to obtain their permission to play recorded music from PPL’s vast repertoire.

The prices listed below are examples and should act as an indication of how much a licence could cost for pubs, bars, nightclubs and student unions, among others. All prices below do not include VAT.