You currently pay licence fees to PPL and PRS for Music (via CEFM) for the use of recorded and live music in your school.
PPL and PRS for Music distribute licence fees as royalties to their thousands of record company, performer, songwriter, composer and music publisher members. To ensure the licence fees are distributed as accurately and fairly as possible, it helps to know more information about the type of music that is used in your school.
Begin the survey
The survey should take no more than 20 minutes to complete. All eligible schools that validly complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw and one lucky school will win an iPad Air 2.
Take the survey
The survey and competition closes on Thursday 23th March 2017.
Please note that this survey will not affect your current PPL or PRS for Music licence. If you have any queries about completing the survey or if you would like to find out more about how PPL or PRS for Music will use the information provided in the survey please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
1. The organiser and promoter of this PPL free prize draw is Phonographic Performance Limited of 1 Upper James Street, London W1F 9DE (“PPL”). The prize is an Apple iPad Air 2 16GB (the “Prize”).
2. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all aspects of this free prize draw. By completing the associated survey and entering the free prize draw you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms.
3. These Terms shall be governed by English law and any dispute arising from these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. References to ‘you’ in these Terms refer to the educational establishment with whom you are employed or engaged.
4. This free prize draw is open to any primary or secondary educational establishment in England, Scotland and Wales (an “Establishment”). For the avoidance of doubt educational establishments in Northern Ireland are not eligible for this free prize draw. Only one entry to the free prize draw is permitted from each Establishment. In order to participate in the free prize draw it is necessary to complete the associated survey. No payment is required to participate in the free prize draw.
5. Entries are by way of completion by an Establishment of the associated survey. The response to the survey should be submitted via the online form. The survey must be received by PPL in order for the entry to be valid.
6. In order to be accepted for the free prize draw, all entries must include all of the information marked as mandatory in the associated survey.
7. The deadline for submitting entries is 5.00pm on 23th March 2017. The winners of the Prize shall be selected by PPL at random and notified by 1st June 2017. The winners will be informed by either email, telephone or in writing by 1st June 2017 and their names shall be available from PPL on request only. The Prize shall be delivered to the winners within 14 days of notification by post or by such other method as is agreed between PPL and the winners. PPL will not notify those who have submitted unsuccessful entries. The decision of PPL is final, and no correspondence regarding decisions of PPL will be entered into.
8. PPL does not accept responsibility for free prize draw entries lost or incorrectly submitted to PPL.
9. The Prize is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and may not be sold or exchanged for any equivalent cash value.
10. Entering the free prize draw grants PPL the right to use data relating to you for its legitimate business purposes, including (without limitation) for marketing and licensing. Entering the free prize draw also grants PPL the right to share data you provide with PRS for Music Limited for its legitimate business purposes, including (without limitation) for marketing and licensing. If you object to this, you must state so clearly in your entry to the free prize draw.